January 12, 2010

France in color

Just a few dreamy scenes from our drive through southwest France......

Saint-Cirq Lapopie ~ a United Heritage site. Possibly the most perfect example of a "charming village somewhere in France" that I have ever set foot in.

I can't tell you where this is but I do know it's called Chapelle Saint Roch (see my excellent memory below). We were meandering through a small town when all of a sudden this precious chapel appeared in front of us. I shouted to STOP THE CAR and hopped out in the rain to snap this shot.


The grounds of one of our stops along the way - Chateau de La Treyne.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful, Joan - it's nice to see you working in color! I'd love a place label for the photos - where exactly were these taken?

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your blog. The photos are exquisite. Sitting here on a 90 degree evening, that cloudy French village looks divine!